What to know BEFORE you pick up your pen!
Ann McIndoo, The Author’s Coach
Bestselling Author of “7 Easy Steps to Write Your Book”
Amazon #1 Bestseller!
Having helped more than 1,200 authors write their book, I’ve learned what works for a new author to get started immediately. The first thing I want to know is why an Author wants to write a book so I always ask a new or aspiring author four important questions:
- Why are you writing this book?
- What are you going to do with it? How are you going to use it?
- Who is your audience?
- Where is your audience?
When you can answer these questions congruently, you have an excellent chance of writing a book that will sell, generate revenue and make a difference.
So what is your why?
- Your calling card? A book is a great way to introduce yourself and keep you in front of your prospective client or customer. Business cards and brochures get thrown away, but not books!
- Lead Generator? Build your business? A book is a GREAT way to introduce yourself and your services to new customers, an excellent first step to building rapport and a relationship with your customers.
- Widen your audience? Bringing in additional niches into your marketing and promotion will widen your audience and increase your revenue.
- Use as a Training Tool? You can create exercises and worksheets based on the content in your book for workshops, seminars and events.
- The foundation for your ancillary products. Your book is the PERFECT foundation to create products: Workbook / Journal / Audio or Coaching Program
- Product to sell from stage or online? If you plan to speak on stage and have a website, these two are perfect avenues to sell your products.
- Your legacy? A book is an outstanding tool to help others and make a difference.
These are all excellent reasons for writing a book and make up a part of your Vision Outcome and Purpose to writing your book, one of the first things I teach in my Author’s Online Course. Knowing WHY you are writing your book plays a powerful role in writing, publishing, marketing and promoting your book and products.
Learn more about creating your Vision Outcome and Purpose in my Author’s Online Course which you can find at www.AuthorsOnlineCourse.com or contact Ann, who is regarded as one of the most experienced writing coaches alive at www.soyouwanttowrite.com.
To your Author’s Success!